Andrea hails from Switzerland, where she began her horse training with her coach, lifelong mentor, and most importantly – father Gerhard Etter at a very young age. In 1992 she was entrusted with the Irish Etter Horses operations located at Belmont House Stud. Prior to this, Andrea became a qualified saddler and worked and trained with various top trainers including Daan Nanning in Holland, Katie and Henry Monahan-Prudent in the United States, as well as in the Etter Home Yard in Switzerland. She has also been fortunate to train with George Morris, Thomas Fuchs, Michel Robert and Philippe Guerdat, all of whom she credits with influencing and shaping her riding and coaching skills.
- Andrea is a HSI Level 2 Coach
- Andrea is a SJI (Showjumping Ireland) listed Trainer
- She competed successfully at international level in showjumping for Switzerland including European Championships Showjumping “Juniors” and European Championships Showjumping “Young Riders”
- She was a student of Equine Science at the University of Limerick
- She is fluent in Swiss-German, German, French and English
Andrea offers at Belmont House Stud
- Coaching HSI (Horse Sport Ireland) in basic Flatwork/dressage and basic to advanced show-jumping